Thursday, August 5, 2010

Guayaquil

I'm finally at the airport waiting on my ride to the hotel.
This is the Rio Guaya. Note the lack of lane markers on the road. I am once again in a city that has no lane markers on the road. You drive where ever it will fit in the traffic. Accidents are prevented with liberal applications of the horn. If you can get your nose in a gap it's yours.
On account of being by myself I really didn't wander outside my hotel room. Call me chicken.
You can't go out... so you can only go up...
I got a flight to Santa Cruz island an Baltra airport in the morning. Maybe I really will make it.
Side note: Hot water is still on the left and cold is still on the right even though the faucets are marked C (caliente) on the left and F (frio) on the right.
That one took me a minute to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment