July 22
I don't think I will ever look back on the last 24 hours and laugh. I won't cry either which did cross my mind a couple times. Vanessa, my girlfriend, is wonderful. She really did help keep me sane by talking to me on the phone.
It's easy to wonder how I could be on a plane from Dallas to Miami. The same plane that I am supposed to be on from Miami to Guayaquil. Some thing breaks, or goes wrong, or what ever and the flight gets postponed fro what ends up being 14 hours. If they (American Airlines) had made the original 6am reschedule time (be at the airport by 4:30a), I might have made my connection in Guayaquil with some help through customs. I ended up getting maybe two hours of sleep. But they are missing a first officer. Then someone doesn't show up, so they must remove those bags.
The flight down was bumpy. I did get to see a big cumulonimbus cloud over Cuba. The isthmus of Panama looks cool from the air too. 
Customs was two hours.
I like the hotel I am in. Hotel Grand Guayaquil. It has the smallest elevator I have ever been in. Three people if they are skinny and REAL friendly.
This is the all important pool and courtyard. I thought they were friendly. The food was decent. The welcome cocktail was a rum drink. Breakfast buffet included.
Free 30 min of internet per day. I had to learn the keyboard short cut for the @ sign. I ended up using it alot.
More about Guayaquil next.
No comments:
Post a Comment