Thursday, July 30, 2009
Diving with Harvey
I really like diving with Harvey. Some people are suprised I actully know who (and what) Harvey is. He's a little mischevious, especially when we haven't been diving together in awhile. He was like that my last working weekend at Clear Springs. I could blame the lost mask on him just wanting a few minutes under water with me. He's a really good diver.
I have another really nice dive with him in Lake Travis last weekend. My student was a no show and it was just he and I. He kept me on my toes. He also alerted me of trees, boats, and a barrell just before I ran into them. It's almost sad that some times I would rather dive with him than a normal buddy, but I always know where he is, he never runs out of air on me, he keeps me on my toes, and I don't have to worry about him. I guess it's the selfish, self-centered side of me. (Is that redundant?)
Vis sucked. It was less sucky between 50 and 60 feet. That also happened to be just above the worst of the thermalclines, which was nice. I saw a few fish. I wished I had my small mesh bag with me so I could pick up trash. It was still a nice dive with Harvey.
He's been after me to make a few more dives together. He wants to make a trip back up to Texoma. He has mentioned Murray, but I have no idea why. I understand the former more than the latter. It makes sense to me anyway. That's all that matters.
We both want to do Broken Bow. Probably not this year.
Harvey likes the Gardens too, but that probably won't happen again.
Tom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment