Thursday, May 21, 2009
Seasons and life part 1: Spring
A dear friend saw this in it's original form. I'm going to try to recreate it as I thought it was one of the better pieces I have written in awhile.
Spring time is a time of rebirth. Plants reemerge from a long winters slumber buried in the ground. They derive nutrients from the soil and the decaying matter. The warmth of the sun and the nourishing rains bring them back to their full beauty and glory.
I take this as an analogy to our own lives and God's love for us. We can take the decaying matter of our past and the mistakes that we have made and use them to nourish ourselves as we learn. We can reach up with our hearts and soul and feel the warmth of his love. It is as sure as the sun rising each morning of each day. Throughout our lives we grow and develop. There may be the scars of extended droughts or fires or careless words of loved ones that cut as deep as an axe. But the tree that we each represent can grow beyond those scars. God is the master gardener. He is the master architect of the garden in which we all live.
Spring reminds us to continue to come out of dormancy, reach up to his to feel his love and forgiveness. And through that love and forgiveness we become fruitful and thrive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment