Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Merry Christmas
Happy Holidays (Holy Days???) No.
Seasons greetings.... not that either. Gimme a break you could say that at the beginning of spring or summer.
It's Merry Christmas. It's the time of year the Church chose to celebrate the birth of Christ. I won't get on my history high horse.
I recently heard a retired general make (to me anyway) a very true statement; It has become acceptable to persecute Christians. In the media, in retail, anywhere in the world, it has become acceptable to persecute, marginalize, or just generally slam Christianity. I'm not normally one to put my faith in someone elses face. I don't preach at people. But, my faith is just that, my faith. Respect mine, and I'll respect yours.
Why not Happy Holy Days? It fits, doesn't it? For at least two religions...
Merry Christmas my friends and family. I love you all.
Tom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment