Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tales from the field: Another installment
So, I'm back with another installment of tales from the field. I really don't get that many odd ball, messed up, whacked out inspections. So, I just comment on some fo the bad habits or stupid things I see people do.
Home made foods... I have an Indian grocery that I had wanred before not to sell home made foods. I actually have two of these stores and they have both been warned. I only give them one warning. Recently, I was in there and I find these zip-lock packages of food. Oddly enough, it had a full ingredients statement. They at least tried as this is normally one of the big giveaways that the product isn't commercially produced. I asked the manager where it came from.
" A lady makes it in her home and we sell it." Really. Wow! That's unusual. He told me the truth right off the bat. So, we talked some more. Finally, I asked him if he realized it's not legal to sell home made food.
"Yes, I knew that." He was going to get a ticket anyway. That just made it real easy to write it.
Gloves...again... Major fast food chain. When gloves get dirty, you cannot wash them. You cannot apply hand sanitizer to them. You cannot continue to use them until your thirty minute hand wash timer dings that says you must wash your hands. The gloves must be removed, the hands must be washed, and new gloves put on.
It's really not that hard.
And people wonder why inspectors hate gloves.
Tom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment