Sunday, December 13, 2009

Therapy

I've been in therapy for awhile. It's been good for me. I fit the clinical definition for depression, but I'm not what many define as clinically depressed. I'm functional. I don't get so deep down that I can't get out of bed. Maybe it's my sense of duty and responsibility that won't let me do that. In researching I discovered Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It was suggested to me by my therapist and I picked up a book Feeling Good by Dr. David Burns. The copy I picked up from the library was a little dated, but it made sense to me and it worked for me. I also didn't end up on meds which was one thing I was hoping to avoid. I still have issues. I'm still working on changing patterns of behavior and thought. Overall, it's been good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment